On-Campus Housing - 2024-2025
Lofts at Mercer - 2024
Mercer University recognizes that a valuable aspect of one’s college education is the experience of living on campus. The Office of Housing and Residence Life promotes the principles of respect and responsibility within the Mercer community, and provides services and activities to assist residential students.
- The University has a 3-year housing requirement. Housing is not guaranteed for seniors (4th year). All freshmen (1st year), sophomore (2nd year), and junior (3rd year) students, under 22 years of age are required to live on campus and purchase a meal plan.
- Exceptions include those students who will reach age 22 before the first day of fall classes, those living with parents or guardians within a reasonable commuting distance (defined as either living within 40-miles of the campus, or living in one of the following counties (Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach and Twiggs), and students who are married or are single parents.
- Residential students are required to sign a residence hall contract for each academic year. Contracts are legally binding and once an assignment is made, the contract may not be canceled except in case of graduation, withdraw or transfer from the university.
- All Housing facilities (except the Orange Street Apartments and The Lofts) are closed during the winter break. Housing information and housing contracts for residence hall rooms, apartments, and Greek houses are available through the students MyMercer account.
- Residence Hall availability varies from year to year based on classification and need. Residence Hall breakdowns will be determined each year when enrollment numbers are finalized.
- All students living on campus sign a housing contract for the academic term. Terms and conditions stated in the housing contract.
- All persons who enter our residence halls need to be following the rules outlines in the Community Standards.
Suite-Style BuildingsSuite-Style Buildings consist of 2 rooms joined by a bathroom OR 2-4 rooms which share a common area and bathroom. Students share responsibility for cleaning bathrooms and common areas. Follow the links below for details on each building.
Apartments & Greek HousingApartments consist of 1-4 rooms with a shared common area, kitchen and bathroom. Greek Village consists of 5 or 10 bedroom houses occupied by Greek organizations. Students share responsibility for cleaning all common areas, bathrooms and kitchens. Follow the links below for details on each area.
Lofts at MercerAlthough living at Lofts at Mercer meets the on-campus residency requirement for sophmore and juniors, they are privately owned and managed. Rent is paid directly to the Lofts and will not be placed on Mercer student accounts. Assignments to the Lofts are made through Mercer's central room selection process; however, residents must sign a lease directly with the Lofts.