Resources for Parents

Inquiries regarding meal plan membership should be directed to Auxiliary Services at 478.301.2741

Fish are allowed in a maximum of a 10 gal. tank. No other pets are allowed.

If you have questions regarding service animals, please contact Access and Accomodations.

While bed lofts are not permitted in any of our residential facilities, students are permitted to bring bed risers and bunk their beds in all of the residence halls.

Students are permitted overnight guests of the same gender with prior permission from roommate.

Students are allowed to request a room change during certain points of the semester, however these requests are honored depending on available space

Students are allowed to remain on-campus for holidays occurring during the semester, however students will have to leave at the conclusion of each semester. 

Students do not have a curfew for residence halls, however in regards to visitation students are allowed to have visitors of the opposite sex between 10AM and Midnight Sunday through Thursday, and 10AM and 2AM on Friday and Saturday.

We hate to see you go, but we do understand situations arise making it necessary to depart from housing. In order for your student to request a contract cancellation they must log-in to their My.Mercer and within the Macon Housing section submit the contract cancellation request form. 

Traditional residence halls are co-ed by wing/floor. Floors are accessed by using your BearCard. 

There are bike racks located throughout campus and around the residential areas. Students will need to provide their own bike lock to secure them. 

Students may park in lots that correspond to their issued decal. A complete Parking map can be found on the Mercer Police website:

Your student is allowed to bring a refrigerator to campus that is no larger the 4 cubic feet. We advise students coordinate with roommates ahead of time. 

During the self-assign process our office will consolidate rooms in order to maximize options for all students. Although a student has not assigned to a space with a roommate one may be placed in the room through the consolidation process. 

Students may participate in the room change request process during the specified times during the semester to make changes to their rooming assignment.

RAs are usually the first Residence Life staff member that residents meet. RAs are students who have been selected and specifically trained to assist residents within the residential community. RAs are a vital link between their peers and the Office of Residence Life, as well as other departments around campus.

An RA’s responsibilities include helping to develop a sense of community through social events, educational opportunities, and other activities; informing residents about events happening on campus; enforcing University and Residence Life policies; acting as peer counselors and assisting professional staff in crisis situations. The RAs are available to assist residents with personal and academic concerns, roommate conflicts, and maintenance issues.

Resident Directors (RDs) are full-time graduate students who live on campus. RDs are responsible for the direct supervision of the Resident Assistants and the administration and educational functions of their specific areas.

Area Coordinators (AC) are full-time professional staff members who live on campus. ACs are responsible for the supervision of the Residence Life staff members and the administration and educational functions of the Residence Life program. 

The specific date and time of the upper class self-assign and contract process will be communicated through your university e-mail